You’re Invited to Come Back To Church!
One day can make a difference. September 21, 2014
Churches of all types are coming together on September 21, 2014 to invite everyone in America back to church. Across the nation, over twenty thousand churches are preparing a special service and are looking forward to receiving new visitors. There is a church size and style that will fit you, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey – even if you have never tried church before! Join your neighbors and come back to church!
Why You Should Come Back To Church:
- “Children and youth who attend religious services weekly exhibit the fewest behavior problems, are more likely to have high-quality relationships with their parents, and are more likely to exhibit positive social behavior, including showing respect for teachers and neighbors, getting along with other children, understanding other people’s feelings, and trying to resolve conflicts with classmates, family, or friends.” —National Survey of Children’s Health, as quoted by Hal Seed, NewSong Community Church
- “A study finds people who attend religious services weekly live longer.” —Robert Roy Britt, LiveScience
Top Ten Reasons People Do Not Want to Go to Church
- I don't believe in organized religion
- I have my own way of connecting with God
- I got tired of the church always asking me for money
- My life situation changed, and I just never went back
- I don't have to go to church to be a good person
- I'm too busy, and Sundays are my only time to rest
- Church is boring
- The people tend to have their own cliques - I never fit in
- Christians are judgmental and hypocritical
- I don't think I'd be welcome anymore - I've done some bad stuff
Learn more about why people are returning to church and why you should Rediscover Church – click here to read an online booklet!