Join the National Movement & Invite America Back to Church!
On September 15, 2013—20,000 churches across America will join together to invite their communities and America back to church! Join the movement by adding your church to the list of participating churches.
Back to Church Sunday is a campaign strategically designed to help churches reach out and invite everyone in America to try church again. This powerful, ground-swelling movement encourages church attendance by inspiring and empowering church members to personally invite neighbors, friends and loved ones to a special Sunday service designed just for them.
Why Participate? National Back to Church Sunday is:
- Proven By Others - On average churches saw a 38% increase in attendance on Back to Church Sunday. Increase your participation and results by getting the Back to Church Kit.
- Practical For Your Ministry:
- Free – You can sign up your church for free on the roster. There are optional resources available to help you plan and equip your members to invite your community.
- Easy – Any church of any size can participate as it happens on one Sunday and can be combined with any other sermon or event you are doing.
- Right Time – September is when school starts and when most people think about going back to church or trying a church.
- Simple – All churches, one date, one clear message—come back to church!
- Personal For Everyone – It empowers members to make a personal invitation to church.
Powerful For America – Back to Church Sunday will help all of us to Save America. We have the God-given opportunity to experience a spiritual awakening in America and to save the nation. We can do it together!
Here Are Five Simple Steps To A Successful Back To Church Weekend
Step 1 - Register: Get Your Church on the Roster for Free
Click here to register your church on the roster. As Back to Church Sunday approaches, local and national media will draw people to this website to find participating churches. Make sure those in your community will find your church on the map. By registering you will also receive emails with tips and ideas to make the most of your Back to Church Sunday event. Most churches will participate on September 15th to take advantage of the national media, but Back to Church Sunday can be done at any time during the year.
Step 2 - Rally: Get the Kit and Start Planning
We can't stress enough that being prepared for Back to Church Sunday is just as important as hosting it. Start by purchasing a Church Kit. It is an incredibly valuable tool and includes an updated campaign planning guide, a sermon, new videos, digital banners for your website and social media, loads of ideas and tips to help you prepare and promotional tools such as posters, media communication templates and other samples. There is also a free online outreach assessment you can take to see how prepared your church is for Back to Church Sunday. You might also think about joining other churches in your city to do a city-wide BTCS campaign - visit the Citywide Initiative page to learn more.
Step 3 - Review: Plan a Follow-up Series and Small Groups to Connect Visitors
One of the largest requests from last year's Back to Church Sunday was for a follow-up series to help connect all of the visitors to the church and into small groups. We are excited to announce this year a brand-new sermon series called "The Bible 30-Day Church Experience".
Step 4 - Rekindle: Build Excitement in Your Church and Empower Members
Your members are your most effective outreach tools, so make sure they know weeks in advance that your church is participating in National Back to Church Sunday and equip them to become inviters. Using the Back to Church Sunday kit helps you empower your members and engage your community. For additional church resources visit our store—click here.
Step 5 - Recommit: Invite Your Community to Attend
Let the community know they are invited to your Back to Church Sunday event. Supplement the personal invitations your members are making by putting a Back to Church banner in front of your church and sending a postcard invitation to each home in your community. The Back to Church Sunday kit also includes a press release template for getting free press in your local media and graphics you can upload onto your church website.
5 Tips for a Successful Event
- Announce as soon as possible that Back to Church Sunday will take place on September 15, 2013. Promotional materials are available at www.backtochurchsunday.com/churchresources.
- Play Back to Church Sunday videos for several weeks during your main services, as well as your mid-week service if you have one. Videos are available in the Church Kit so you can post the videos on your website.
- Conduct two or three interviews/testimonies of people who have come to Christ during Sunday services in the past.
- Consider downloading the .PDF and giving everyone the message titled, "Why Attend Church?"
- Challenge parishioners to bring at least one visitor each to Back to Church Sunday.
Greater Communication = Greater Participation