Why is Back to Church Sunday a Good Idea?
What is Back to Church Sunday?
It is the single largest annual community outreach in the nation, sharing the simple message and mission of inviting everyone in America Back To Church. The campaign empowers churches and church members with the tools they need to welcome their neighbors, friends and loved ones back to church, while providing the unchurched with an easy way to find a welcoming church in their community.
"82% of the unchurched are at least somewhat likely to attend church if invited"
–Dr. Thom Rainer, The Unchurched Next Door
Join the Back To Church Movement In Your Community:
The Importance of Inviting
Why Should My Church Participate?
Last year over 13,100 churches participated in the fourth year of this growing national movement and on average saw a 38% increase in their attendance on that day! This year we are praying for 20,000 churches to band together and bring spiritual renewal to their communities through Back to Church Sunday!
- It’s free – Churches don’t have to buy anything or use any of our resources – it’s simply a great idea that works! Resources are provided to increase participation and results.
- It’s the right time – Fall is when people are thinking about going back to church.
- It’s simple – All churches, one date, one clear message – come back to church!
- It’s personal – It empowers members to make a personal invitation to church.
- It works – On average churches saw a 38% increase in attendance on Back to Church Sunday.
- It’s grassroots – It’s powered by the people, not a program
- It empowers – People are energized by an inspiring event and easy-to-use invitations – Pastors give a call to action; communities have a rallying point
Learn more in the Participate Section.